Friday 28 September 2012

When life hands you lemons ...

... brew up and bake lemon cake


Back from a couple of weeks in the South of France where the weather was not as good as we had hoped - the Mistral blew with all its might but we managed plenty of sight-seeing and wine tasting ....

Coulliore - very picturesque but a serious work out walking up the hill to the car park!


Fort de Salses - the original border between Spain and France - an amazing fort and the most fab lady gave us a very informative and funny talk

Carcasonne - like a fairy-tale city but pretty busy even in September


Perpignan


Unfortunately, we didn't win the Euro Millions so we weren't able to go shopping for a chateau or even a lovely property like these in Leucate Village





Loved the colours and the murals on this one ..


This was my first holiday in 6 years and it was just wonderful to be away from work.  Unfortunately, it's been a short but long week at work and I'm back to the travelling on Sunday.  

I have managed a bit of crochet - more in my next post but mostly I just read and admired the view and the warmth of the sunshine - a rare and much missed element of our Summer this year.  

Hoping that life is good for you in your worlds.
Jules
x

1 comment:

  1. Hello old friend. I miss you. Don't know if you ever stop by here anymore but if you do I just wanted to say that I hope you're ok and having fun. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love to read your comments x