Friday 16 April 2010

Ta-daaaa

In the spirit of thrift and recycling my sister kindly donated an old, faded deck chair to me. Three coats of paint and a rummage through my stash of fabric later and I now have a new addition to the garden. Now I can relax in style (despite the fact that my sister says I never do). I have had this piece of Designer's Guild fabric since the 90s when I had another life as a stay at home mum and could gad off to London for the fabric sales... My hoarding gene has served me well and I think the end result is rather stylish and goes so well with the little daffs that are just hanging in there with a last gasp.


.

and a close up of the fabric


And the patchwork quilt? Well, it's really hard to stay inside and sew when the sun is shining!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! And costing nowt!Well done,Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't have done it without you, sis! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I did sit in it today! In the sunshine after a few hours gardening - nearly couldn't get out again! Think I'm going to pay for today's labour tomorrow - might have to be wheeled round the car boot sale!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love to read your comments x