Tuesday 26 October 2010

Be careful what you wish for!

I've been laid low with various ailments since my return from the States.  I think exhaustion has played it's part and perhaps working flat out for war weekend was not the best idea as I fought off a fever.  The lurgy got me good and proper last week - flu, shingles and tracheitis (infection of the trachea).  I know I push myself a bit too hard sometimes and as I get older I realise that I can't do as much as I used to do - or accomplish as much in a given time but when I said to myself that I needed to rest and catch up on my sleep I didn't mean I wanted to be struck down!

I'm about rattling with the number of pills and potions I've taken and have been listening to my very sad and sorry for itself body.  I didn't do much of anything but wanted to show you my latest creation -  a commission for a friend's niece in Canada as she loved the one I made for Anja.

This one is made from linen with Liberty lawn for the letters and some of the butterflies and trimmed with Liberty lawn piping.  I must confess that I love it and am thinking of changing my name so I can keep it!

The zingy blanket is also finished - it has been for a while but I was waiting for a sunny day to photograph it so that it would do justice to the colours.  Well, I gave up waiting as it seems to have been nothing but grey of late so here it is anyway.  Sideways and not very artfully displayed but I was in a rush to get the photos uploaded before my ride to the airport turned up.

The edge was a round of treble clusters and then 4 rounds of single trebles into each stitch and finally a round of doubles.  It's very bright and cheerful and very heavy!


And lastly, a few cushions I made a while ago from some of my gorgeous Tilda stash.  I quilted the fronts and embellished with a heart and a bird which don't show up too well in these photos, sorry.  Hiding in the background is the flimsy - now edged and backed and stuffed with a duvet - it's getting closer to being an eiderdown but it's not quite there yet!


So, I am on the road again - Finland this time for the week.  It's cold (minus 1 this morning) and there is a light dusting of snow on the ground.  I'm taking this lot on the trip with me - I feel a bag in the making.  This is the wool I bought in Finland ages and ages ago - it's knitting up beautifully but I don't think I'll get time this trip to buy anymore.  (I did bring the labels with me though so I might be able to prevail on one of my good colleagues to help me out).


Wishing you all a happy and productive week.

Jules
x

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely, lovely makes honey! I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were poorly - sounds like you`ve been through the mill!Glad you`re on the road to recovery now though. All your makes are really lovely and I LOVE your blanket, it is indeed cheery. Which yarn did you use?Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love to read your comments x