Sunday 6 February 2011

Ooo la la

Another weekend draws to a close and instead of relaxing with my yarn and hook I'm thinking about packing.  I'm off to France tomorrow for the week - going by train all the way to Nancy.  It'll take all day but in between the work time on the EuroStar I should have plenty of time for crochet - if only I could make up my mind what to take with me!

My friend, Angie and I went for a walk at Sandsend on Friday - I say a walk, it was a struggle against the gale force wind on the way into the village and then a fast paced hurtle back to the car with the wind at our backs!  One of my sister's favourite shops in York, Wild Heart also has a lovely shop in Sandsend.  I didn't have my camera but took some photos with my phone - when I can find out how to get them from my phone to here I'll post them :)

This week's evenings have been spent making my Feb Ravelry CAL squares:

Pineapple Blossom

Grandma's Heart
Making more hexagon patches 

and knitting another patchwork blanket


I've made this one a bit easier on myself - same size squares but different stitches for each one and crocheted together.  I've run out of wool now so this one will have to go on the back burner until more suppliers are available.

I managed to get out in the garden for a bit yesterday - a bit more snipping and pruning and gathering of the moss from the side borders.  It's tidier but still looks rather sad.  Lots of shoots and bulbs poking their heads out there so that's very encouraging.

Wishing you all a good week.  February is whipping by, soon be Spring :)

Jules
x

3 comments:

  1. Such a talented lady!!

    Enjoy France :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C`est tres bonnes, vraiment!I love those squares, Jules, especially Grandma`s Heart. Do you have a pattern for it? Your quilt is going to be stunning too. Also, where do you find the time for all that crafting???You`re a very talented lady indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love to read your comments x