Wednesday 12 January 2011

Better late than never...

I've been very tardy with my Chrimble pressie post but I was waiting for some decent light.  The sun shone at the weekend so I flew round the house gathering up my gifts for your perusal.  I must admit that sun or no sun, the photos are still a bit naff but the pressies are lovely.

Ooh, the box I hummed and haaed about buying from Heidi at her open house.  My sister dissuaded me - the crafty minx!


and inside the lovely box..... an even lovelier surprise.  Tea cups and plates that I am sure Anne struggled to part with given her serious addiction to china.



another gift box full of little treasures


Sumptuous slipper socks, hand made buttons, lovely silver earrings and two skeins of Debbie Bliss Andes silk... bliss indeed.  The lovely little box of silks and scissors was from my Mum.


Drool ... Jane Brocket's lovely Quilt-Making book from sis


The pictures are just fabulous and I want to make them all



Now this was just plain mean of Anne ... a book of calorie laden cup cake recipes!  


I smell sabotage!





Not only gorgeous recipes and pictures but inspirational ideas too!



Much sisterly love going on here - not only did Anne give me the tea set but she also parted with some of her vintage crochet in the form of embellishment on a beautiful hand made cushion.


Gorgeous gloves from my Mum


and the piece de resistance from my sis (given to me on Boxing Day as she was stressing about getting it finished in time for Christmas Day)

Love, love, love it!
I was very spoilt with lots more gifts including a gorgeous night shirt from the White Company from the boys - it's almost too pretty to wear in bed.  My Mum gave me some money too which I have spent on a sumptuous silk and velvet scarf - can't photograph it as it's so glossy it just looks like a shiny blob in the photos :(  and a CK bag on sale.  I'm saving these for my date with Mr Darcy once he's recovered from the work out Amanda has given him.

I'm happy to report that every single one of my Christmas Presents fit me perfectly!!

Hope you are having a good week.  It's over the hump day today - hoorah!

Jules
x

4 comments:

  1. I would like to offer myself up for adoption into your family! I LOVE ALL of your presents. I am sending you a pic of my old faithful Fair Isle gloves in the hope that your Mum will take pity on my poor old fingers and replace them with a pair of those FABULOUS ones she gave to you!lol Lucky Duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous presents Jules, you obviously have a family with very good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! they are all fantastic pressies! everyone obviously get's you completely! I may be pinching a few ideas for gifts for next Chrimbo.
    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous! Especially those gloves!!! You lucky thing! Do your family hire themselves out at all? I need a Mum.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love to read your comments x